Saturday 14 July 2012

St Albans Cathedral



The weather today was very overcast & wet so I took my camera to St Albans Cathedral, this gave me a chance to play with some low light & HDR post processing.
















































Whilst I was visiting the cathedral the St Albans Bach Choir were rehearsing for an evening performance of the African Sanctus. One of their members asked me to take a few shots for them. I have a number of different shots but for this Blog I have chosen these two.

Just over the road from St Albans Cathedral is this wonderful Art Deco building, originally designed as a place to exhibit flowers now part of the Café Rouge chain.
From a photographers point of view the excess of street furniture is spoiling our enjoyment of these attractive buildings, accepting that some of the signs and paraphernalia are essential I believe a lot of this could be removed.
© Lionel Callow 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment